How likely are you to refer?
Rating: 2.9/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owenfranks1

PostPosted: 10 Oct 11 14:46
Post subject: ** ANGASTON, SOUTH AUSTRALIA - THE LEGO MAN - DONT BOTHER **
Organisation name: LEGO
Issue type: Complaint

CPU Flyer - people on NGE write to gripe about a certain service. You are quite negative to everyone on here and although you seem qualified and qutie knowlegable in the world of business, most of your comments are soley based at having a "GO" or "Dig" at the gripee's thread. There is no balance and you seem to only want to disagree with what everyone is saying wheather you are right or wrong.

Have you met the lego man? Maybe you have. But I'm gonna predict that you haven't. Yes the lego man is a rude old man. Yes he advertisers $2 on the website but really its $5 which I know is fustrating but leave the old man alone. He probably didnt expect his collection to take off as well as it did. He's just the old guy next door with a huge collection of lego - the media jumps on it to give him some publicity - next thing you know every tom, dick and harry are coming to annaston to see his collection, pay the $5 and enjoy the 45-60 min tour of his train and lego collection. But there is always some twat from sydney who has to run the old guy down, run down his attraction, just because they didnt pack a $5 note into there wallet that day.

I've met Tom - he's not that bad, I wouldnt have a beer with him or anything, but the man could work on some basic people skills.
computerflyer

PostPosted: 08 Oct 11 08:28
Organisation name: n/a
Issue type: Comment

> Old Tom the lego man isnt a bad bloke - rather misunderstood if anything. He is very blunt and doesnt have the greatest people skills

What does it take for a person running a tourist business to be a bad bloke, in your opinion? Would Basil Faulty qualify, for example?

> I think the expectations of the The Lego Man are set to high by out of towners

Would those expectations include such frivolous expectations as truth in advertising re $2 versus $5?

> HOWEVER its just an old guy and his massive lego collection

who as you wrote, is what he is - that is sometimes presented as but is not a quality tourist attraction.

s/curious
owenfranks1

PostPosted: 07 Oct 11 15:18
Organisation name: he's alrite

Old Tom the lego man isnt a bad bloke - rather misunderstood if anything. He is very blunt and doesnt have the greatest people skills but all of the money you pay to see his collection is donated to the St John Ambulance (or so he says)

The website clearly states $2 entry however he won't take a $2 coin upon entry. When I questioned him about "how can I get a $2 note mate" he replied "prices have gone up, notes only, ya happy with that"

I think the expectations of the The Lego Man are set to high by out of towners who are expecting this massive awarding winning tourist attraction HOWEVER its just an old guy and his massive lego collection. I'd say give the guy a break, although I found him to be a little rude, I wouldnt kick up to much fuss.
pbs68

PostPosted: 07 Aug 11 17:04
Organisation name: Aussie Returned Serviceman.

Cranky is an understatement. First time we had ever been; turned up and were told in no uncertain terms in a belligerent rude misogynistic tone that because the advertising sign wasn't placed out the front of his house meant that his lego exhibit was closed due to the rain, no mention of this on the website? I said well we had never been here before and wasn't aware of the signage fact and maybe he should have a sign that reads when he is closed out the front of his house, or provide more information about such conditions on the website; save customers the trouble of getting out of their car to enquire at the door. Anyway I could see where this was going and I told him what I thought of his attitude and business acumen; blokes got no idea. He didn't like this and grumbled and slammed his front door closed. In conclusion, I wouldn't give this abrupt crank the time of day since this is the way he treats his potential customers and indeed children. Not to mention the lack of delineated social etiquette, moral responsibilities, community spirit, basic politeness and detriment for SA tourism. The exhibition may be great but the host's an old fool and his attitude was disgraceful to say the least on this occasion.
ladyhawk

PostPosted: 14 Jul 10 21:45
Organisation name: The Lego Man

THE LEGO MAN TURNS CHILDREN AWAY, due to his rude, grumpy attitude and is a disgrace for Tourism here in SA.

I took my son to Angaston to see the Lego Man's display of Lego.

On the website it says he is open from 10-3 pm. No mention of being closed for lunch and it costs $2 entry. No mention of providing notes only.

We arrived at 11.50 am only to be told to go away as he was having lunch come back later.

So we headed off into town and played on the playground. We went back at 1 pm.

He rudely asked for my money and when I proceeded to get the coins out of my pocket, he said, Notes only no coins. I got my coins out and handed them to him. He wouldnt except my money. He said notes only. Told me to go back into town and get notes. I advised him I have just been down into town. I said they dont make $2 notes. He said no silver no gold, notes only.

My reply was, I dont have any and Ive just come from being in town. Isnt my money good enough then we are leaving.

My poor son was in tears he wanted so much to see his display.

My mother phoned the lego man up that night and he was extremely rude to her and hung up on her.

What a disgraceful man. Turn an innocent child away due to his bad temper he shouldnt be promoting his lego and tourism if this is they way he treats children.
Im disgusted...
DiggTechnoratiFacebookDel.icio.usStumbleUponMy Space
Jump to: