How likely are you to refer?
Rating: 2.4/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedqueen

PostPosted: 04 Dec 12 15:33
Post subject: Queensland Underbelly!!!
Organisation name: Advocate Building and Renovations, Mount Glorious
Issue type: Complaint

There are ongoing issues with the QBSA in not providing accurate information on their web-site. Do not trust the information on the QBSA website as current and accurate.

Example.

Nelson Renovations aka
Glorious Constructions (Qld) Pty Ltd aka
Advocate Building and Renovations

The QBSA allows in unscrupulous builders/contractors, to have many lives, and re-invent themselves. I did not check enough. eusa_naughty.gif

Tim Nelson Director is unscrupulous as the day is long, and dishonest as one can be. He will even use his tradesman as a front to con unsuspecting new clients.
eusa_naughty.gif
Check the license and background information of all representatives and agents acting for Tim Nelson and his crooked friends. eusa_naughty.gif

Waiting for the QBSA act, I will be dead before this happens. eusa_naughty.gif

Ask yourself, if your an honest tradesman, why do you need to change your company name so frequently.
Forgotten
I'm a NGE Premium Subscriber

PostPosted: 04 Sep 12 21:58
Organisation name: BSA

After4 QCAT cases. we have gone from no defects on our home to $300,000 worth of defects, as quoted by BSA in their SOW to QCAT case. Yes another QCAT case. One of three additional ones still going.
This BSA SOW only covers half the defects.
BSA have requested additional time, to investigate our home, in QCAT. After we requested them to do so for over a year. When the BSA would not, we paid to have it done ourselves. Now they want to do their own testing.
We have no external piers and internal piers are only half the depth required. The damp course, both under the slab and in the walls, are defective causing water to enter the house from below and the sides. So much mould that the house has been classed as unfit for humans to live in.
The house does not meet C2 rating for north queensland.
The BSA will fix external piers and C2 rating but not internal piers or removal of mould cause by the defects. Internal piers were approved by a Competent person so are OK as far as the BSA cares. It is against the Regulations but the BSA are not accountable to them.
Because all piers fail engineers design for the house, it will be cheaper to rebuild it. Cost of repairs is well over $400,000. Have been informed closer to $450,000. BSA will only pay $200,000.
The rest of the costs are our problem. So much for insurance.
Ian Jennings lied in every meeting with us. Told our lawyer that there was no way he was going to rebuild our home.
We went down all the some pathes as above with same results.
They are worse than organised crime.
We keep copies of everything so when lost, we resupplied with copy of originals. They stopped that tactic.
They quoted Regulations, Acts, Codes, we corrected them, they stopped that tactic too.
Now they just state their decision with no justification or reason.
Welcome to the world of legalised crime.
Jdc123

PostPosted: 18 Feb 12 13:10

If you knew what I, and an increasing ground swell of people know about Ian Jennings, you too would fully appreciate the full extent of the scum of the earth he represents.

A bigger liar, low life, womanising, drunk you would be unlikely to meet.

We should band together against him.
RobandChris

PostPosted: 18 Feb 12 09:14
Organisation name: Queensland Underbelly!!!
Issue type: Comment

Cyberman and JDC are we to assume that Ian is not your favourite person in the world then ?
sok40

PostPosted: 17 Feb 12 12:24
Organisation name: Ian Jennings, QBSA

I saw this and thought it was appropriate to post.

http://www.(DELETED) eusa_naughty.gif eusa_naughty.gif
Jdc123

PostPosted: 08 Jan 12 08:17

Cyberman!!!! Are you interested in pursuing your complaint against BSA?
speedqueen

PostPosted: 01 Nov 11 16:26
Organisation name: BSA, General Manager

Sunday Mail 30 October 2011, page 6 and 7. Can Do Newman is indebted to the BSA, and the General Manager, Ian Jennings. FOREVER.

The favours have been done.

The LNP are now mute in the Qld Parliment in anything to do with the Building trade in Queensland.

The BSA as on their web page do not get involved in neighbour issues, or dividing fence issues - UNTIL NOW!

The BSA do not accept telephone calls they only act on written complaints - UNTIL NOW

The BSA certainly do not act from third parties such as brothers-in-law, or extended family UNTIL NOW

Ian Jennings is at best hedging his bets to ensure he maintains his $500K per year job. Can Do can't sack him now, now that he is indebted to him.

At worst, Ian Jennings has just screwed over again the 100's of policy holders who have had their claim denied, either because their builder is a crook, or they have been told 'it's not the BSA's job'.

The LNP have shown their hand, nothing will change.

Can Do is now CAN'T DO
porche944

PostPosted: 21 Oct 11 08:59

Queenslander’s deserve better representation than the BSA!

Has Labor forgotten or don't they care about the people, the Dad’s and Mum’s who are risking their life savings, their family, their sanity, renovating and or building homes in Queensland?

I believe Anna Bligh pays nothing but lip service with empty promises whilst again Labor's Simon Finn remains silent. Simon Finn will never step up to provide real representation for the consumer.

No Labor minister has been held accountable. Queenslander’s and their treatment at the hands of this Labor government has been nothing less than criminal.

We cannot continue to allow Labor to manage the BSA pushing it further towards total dysfunction and eventual collapse at the cost of the Dad’s and Mum’s, the bread and butter of the Queensland economy. The LNP needs revitalise front line services and restore accountability to government. Queensland needs CANDO representation, not silence.
Jdc123

PostPosted: 25 Aug 11 10:13

Ian Jennings breaches the legislation often. Both the Domestic Building Code and the BSA Act state that QCAT only has jurisdiction if BSA have not made any decision on a file. Therefore, if BSA have made a decision on your file, you only have that decision REVIEWED by the QCAT. BSA are protecting builders by refusing to make a decision, thus the homeowner has to fund legal proceedings as well as trying to make their house liveable. I lived in a house that was uninhabitable for 9 months, whilst trying to fund legal proceedings which ballooned because BSA refused to make a decision, even though this was their legal obligation. I have hard copy evidence from previous Executive Disputes Manager Ian White that states BSA should have found in my favour (thus negating the need to go to QCAT).

Jennings, the evidence is mounting against you. Hope you have a good retirement fund.
grantj66

PostPosted: 24 Aug 11 07:08
Organisation name: QBSA

It is only afterwards and with 100% hindsight that we see the complete picture.

Our builder for what it’s worth did not have a blemish to his name, predominately worked on multimillion dollar properties.

What hindsight has shown was the underlying drug use; to reason he cut corners, the reason he overcharged, the reason the workmanship is substandard; if only we knew then what we know now, and if only we put all the pieces together sooner.

We have uncovered so many horrors; the home has not had council approval let alone any certifications, not even a site and soil evaluation; the home was to suit wheelchair access; not now; the home was to have disabled shower; now has a hob; the home was to have French doors on the decks; now windows 600mm above deck; and the list goes on.

A year after the building was completed we get a visit from the Council saying we have an illegal structure on the property. We called the builder, and he laughed at us. Phone call after phone call to the Building Authority to no avail; over the time period. How? What?

Only from speaking to other tradesman, who have worked with the tool has the truth come out, some also have complained to the QBSA, but told not to worry, we will look after it; that was over a year ago.

I have spoken too many in the QBSA, they all seem to be incompetent, liars or both.

Too quickly they recommend the court system; so that removes it as their problem to fix. Too quickly they recommend the CMC; so that removes it as their problem to fix, and bonus, they get to investigate themselves.

What is their (QBSA) point if existing, if they refer to QCAT and CMC?

The KMPG report is a farse. How many consumers took part in the review? We were not asked? How many of the contractors licences were cancelled were due to retirement and failure to pay the fee? How many instances the the QBSA take a contractor to QCAT to cancel their licence; because that is the process?

Ian Jennings is ultimately responsible, and should resign immediately as he is unable to manage and function for which he is paid huge amounts of money to do.
pinetree

PostPosted: 29 Jul 11 12:52
Organisation name: BSA, Ian Jennings

After dealings with Ian Jennings, the general manager of the bsa.

I have found him to be a pathological liar!!!

He gives false hope to the venerable consumer. He looks you in the eye and says he will fix it, and do what ever he can to assist you and then does nothing. He misquotes the legislation, and acts and will lie repeatedly to protect a bad builder.
Jdc123

PostPosted: 06 Jul 11 15:12

Geoffrey Thatcher attempted to do a large renovation on my house in Buderim. After failing to do the contract properly, asking for too large a deposit, building out of sequence of stages, numerous cat 2 defects, serious life threatening cat 1 defects, no termite proofing, altered the plans, made numerous mistakes cause he could not read the plans, didi not follow the engineer's plans, going five months past completion date, BSA advised us to terminate the contract. Which we did. BSA REFUSED to give us any answer on the insurance, so they could not be called as a witness at the Tribunal. Had they been called to give evidence, they by their own admission said "Thatcher would have been hammered at the Tribunal".

Ian Jennings stated it was wrong how we had been treated, had an investigation, which we would receive a copy of once completed. There were no findings of misconduct and we could not have the report. The High Commissioner ordered Jennings to give us the report, which we received with the interview statements and the file. The report had clearly been "doctored" and many of the statements, including our own, had been altered to produce the correct "fit" Jennings was trying to achieve. This incorrect information was submitted to the CMC, who promptly closed the file. Despite my protestations and attempts to show them the evidence, the CMC refuse to investigate at all. This is what a whistleblower articulated to MP Rob Messenger that this is precisly the behaviour Jennings does, just fudges the truth with CMC. I have hard copy evidence of this.

I took my evidence to a meeting with Schwarten (the responsible Minister at the time) and nine Board Members at Parliament House. Sally took minutes of the meeting. It was clear from the questions asked Schwarten and the Board could see and understand corruption took place. They stated they would do something and not let it slid. They have done nothing! But I have and will, legal ramifications will ensue for BSA.
cyberman

PostPosted: 04 Mar 11 18:59
Organisation name: Queensland Building Services Authority

Queensland’s underbelly

* Official misconduct

* Corruption

* Fraud
=Altering CMC documentation
=Identity theft

* Failure to comply the principles Public Service Act 2008

* Failure to direct and uphold the Domestic Building Contracts Act 2000 and Queensland Building Services Authority Act 1991

* Failure to investigate complaints, breaches thoroughly, and expeditiously

File 1

Ian Jennings, General Manager Building Services Authority (BSA) – Fraud and official misconduct by public official and department

Geoffrey Thatcher BSA Lic. 23263 - incompetent

Issues

* Had approved plans – yet the builder could not read the plans.

* Had engineers plans – yet the builder could not read the plans

* The builder cut corners, made numerous mistakes, did not adhere to the plan, generally very shoddy work, went five months over time, continually asked for more money, did all the documentation incorrectly, just to name a few!

* Builder blamed the plans – too many builders can’t read plans!!!

* Builder under BSA advice, terminated the contract.

* BSA should have organised/directed the builder to fix the defects and complete the house using the Home Warranty insurance scheme.

* BSA lied, obstructed the process, protected the builder (friend of the Regional Manager).

* Ongoing for 9 Years

* Ian Jennings NEEDS to be removed from his position as General Manager because of serious allegations of corruption, fraud, and unethical behavio

File 2

Ian Jennings, General Manager Building Services Authority (BSA) – Fraud and official misconduct by public servant and department

1st Party Sundance Developments BSA Lic. 1027632 Builder’s licence suspended Jun 2005 cancelled July 2005

2nd Party Timothy Nelson, Carol Nelson, Nelson Renovations BSA Lic. 72710 – did not hold a Builder’s low rise licence until June 2005

Issues

* 2nd party Builder committed identity theft on the 1st party

* BSA did not honour insurance when 1st party went bankrupt

* BSA did not fine or sanction 2nd party builder for identity theft and fraud

* Unskilled and un-licence 2nd party builder had approved plans – yet the 2nd party builder could not read the plans

* 2nd party builder had engineers plans – again the builder could not read the plans

* The 2nd party builder cut corners, made numerous mistakes, did not adhere to the plan, generally very shoddy work, went over time, continually asked for more money, did all the documentation incorrectly

* 2nd party builder abandoned the contract

* BSA should have organised/directed the builder to fix the defects and complete the house using the Home Warranty insurance scheme, when the 1st party went bankrupt but didn’t.

* Ongoing for 7 Years

* Ian Jennings NEEDS to be removed from his position as General Manager because of serious allegations of corruption, fraud, and unethical behaviour
DiggTechnoratiFacebookDel.icio.usStumbleUponMy Space
Jump to: