Etihad Airways
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gripe HQ -> Ask NGE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manfredh

PostPosted: 17 Jan 10 19:45
Post subject: Etihad Airways

Yes, where it happens is another topic. However, it's not just specific to that religion where it's been practiced.
bc53

PostPosted: 16 Jan 10 21:49

"Yes, the Irish (=Catholic) for a start. There's also been Vietnamese and of course Japanese".

funny but I never heard anything of a kind, or are you talking during WW2, soldiers against soldiers? I'm talking in time of peace and against civilians.
Do you watch the news manfredh, do you read the paper? do you follow what's going on in places like Israel, where it happens almost on a daily basis? how would you like it to happen here? dear oh dear, we're not suppose to talk about it, it's
Un-Australian.
Anyway this is a whole new topic.
manfredh

PostPosted: 16 Jan 10 20:58

"Oh FFS ! I choose never to fly on airlines whose pilots I consider are likely to be devout worshippers (of any religion), "

Guess you don't fly with commercial carriers much then. Australia is still a Christian country with majority religious, the UK strongly follows Catholicism and the Church of England, and the US Catholicism. Other international carriers typically operate from countries with majority followers of other religions.

"Now, have you ever heard of anyone other then Muslims commit suicide bombing? "

Yes, the Irish (=Catholic) for a start. There's also been Vietnamese and of course Japanese.
bc53

PostPosted: 16 Jan 10 16:41

herring made a comment, right or wrong he's entitled to make the comment, seems like all who replied including NGE is against his comment. Now, have you ever heard of anyone other then Muslims commit suicide bombing? have you ever heard of any pilot of any airline who prepare to kill himself and take the whole plane with them other then Muslims? it did happened. of course that doesn't mean that they're all suicide bombers, but the likelihood of it happening is higher with Etihad, Emirates, or any Arab airline. I personally have a fear of flying, I do fly when I have to, but i'm uneasy about it, I wouldn't fly with any Arab airline, south American airline, Russian, or any small islander airline, why?? that's just me, it makes my fear twice as strong. Of course Qantas can have a Muslim pilot and I don't know about it, and as long as I don't know about it my fear can be tolerated.
herring

PostPosted: 16 Jan 10 16:20

Oh FFS ! I choose never to fly on airlines whose pilots I consider are likely to be devout worshippers (of any religion), and / or who come from countries where freedom of thought and expression is not permitted. That is my right.

That eliminates Etihad and Emirates. (Also Vatican Air and Gospel Airlines icon_wink.gif)
Thing

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 22:57

"It wasn't a statement; I was expressing a fear. Fears are allowed to be generalised; they are not scientific."

You can call your post whatever you want - you made a comment, statement, declaration, report, account, utterance, pronouncement etc etc.

So I take it everyone can say whatever they want and if challenged simply state I'm expressing a fear icon_rolleyes.gif

You'll have to do better than that sheesh icon_wink.gif
manfredh

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 19:49

Yes, but you based your fear on a fallacy. You may of course believe it, but that doesn't make it real.

Some people have a fear of flying and won't fly at all because some planes have crashed. That doesn't mean that all planes will crash, nor does it mean that all Etihad's pilots are happy to die for Allah and plan to crash their plane.
herring

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 15:50

It wasn't a statement; I was expressing a fear. Fears are allowed to be generalised; they are not scientific.
Thing

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 15:36

As a scientist perhaps you should gather the facts before making such generalised statements eusa_think.gif
herring

PostPosted: 15 Jan 10 09:52

I am intolerant of any religion whatsoever! Hillsong are just as bad! I am a scientist. But I am not a racist.

At least with Qantas you have a pretty good chance that at least one of the pilots with their life in your hands is an atheist!
manfredh

PostPosted: 14 Jan 10 19:19

The problem is your facts don't fit your biased claim.

Just because there have been 2 incidents of suicide neither means:
- that it's a religious calling
- that all pilots of that faith adopt it.

All 2 incidents make is an excuse for your religious intolerance.
herring

PostPosted: 14 Jan 10 07:34

There are 2 precedents of plane crashes where evidence overwhelmingly suggests deliberate suicide by islamic pilots; one of Egypt Air, one of Garuda.

NGE should consider facts before attempting to publicly ridicule a member, in self-righteous eagerness to demonstrate political correctness.
buffyblue

PostPosted: 12 Jan 10 11:27

It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.
herring

PostPosted: 12 Jan 10 09:06

Why on earth would anyone fly with an airline whose pilots would be happy to die for allah?

NGE Note: We should delete this comment but instead we'll let it attract the derision it deserves.
bc53

PostPosted: 25 Dec 09 10:35

CF, I agree with your first paragraph, but what I said basically, is that this airline belong to an Arab country. (nothing wrong with that) The hatred between Arabs and Jews is very deep and goes back 100s of years, why would a Jewish man ask for a Kosher meal, let alone fly with them and then complain.
Just like you said, "a few anti Jewish characters in the kitchen" and who knows what can happened.
DiggTechnoratiFacebookDel.icio.usStumbleUponMy Space
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gripe HQ -> Ask NGE
Go to page: 1, 2  [Next >>]
Jump to: