AGL: Constant problems with electricity Accounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NGE

PostPosted: 22 Feb 09 07:45
Post subject: AGL: Constant problems with electricity Accounts

About a year ago I switched to AGL for electricity from Energy Australia after a representative came to my house. There have been problems with just about every account.
Last December was expecting an account. Rang AGL on 19/12 @ 16:15 and was told I would receive a bill in March { six monthly!!} This was not what I had asked for. AGL said that they would send out a bill. At this point I had transferred my account back to Energy Australia. Rang AGL on 30/12 @ 11:00
They said that they could not send out an account because I had moved to an other supplier. Absolute rubbish.
By this stage I had contacted the Energy Ombudsman.
ON 30/12 I received a Gas Account saying that it was not paid. It was paid on 2/12/2008
To day C W from AGL rang me and said A new bill had been sent out and he had taken off all the excess charges. I asked he why can't the bill for correct amount. Because the account was closed.
They seem to have lost the plot.

NGE Member: nigelc
tadasana

PostPosted: 23 Feb 09 05:21

I agree about AGL. It took me over 10 months to sort a problem with them and I don't think it is over yet. The Energy Ombudsman dealt with the matter for about 3 months and made things worse. I think in my case the Energy Ombudsman was worse than useless. AGL was very good until they were taken over.
listerstv

PostPosted: 23 Feb 09 08:59

I wouldn't use AGL if they were free.

One of their 'reps' (read BS artists) knocked on my door one night and after listening to all the great deals they had I signed up for their electricity plan.

Without even discussing it or asking permission I was also signed up as their customer for gas supplies as well. He must have sneaked a look at my gas meter to get the information required because I didn't give it to him.

It took me over 3 months of phone calls and letters before I managed to get my account switched back to my original supplier as AGL kept denying that they had done it, even when I had their welcome to AGL paperwork in front of me.
trevorm

PostPosted: 23 Feb 09 09:19

hi its nice (or pehaps disgraceful) to see others who have nothing but trouble with AGL. i had trouble with getting the concession rebate, they just didnt want to give it. after 2 accounts and many phone calls someone rang me and said I wasn,t entitled because i didnt have a pension card. I said look at your paperwork i have given it to you 3 times. They seem to have no idea. i certainly will be getting rid of them as soon as the 2 year period has finished. icon_evil.gif
Section52

PostPosted: 23 Feb 09 11:11

Twice recently we have had AGL door to door salesmen
pestering us to change to AGL with a bait of 5% discount.
Origin Energy give us the 12th month free, averaged over the past 11 months.
By my calculations this is a discount of 8.33%.
Both times I had to be forcful and rude to get AGL salesmen to leave the property.
I do not ever buy from door to door sales people.
Religious canvassers take note!
jackinabox

PostPosted: 23 Feb 09 13:54

I have contacted ACTEW about the over-use of advertisment that is simply to prop up failed Old Media printing presses which can be found in the mailed out bills that arrive every 3 months icon_rolleyes.gif

The Advertisment booklets contain staples and are made from non-100%-recycled Australian papers. eusa_naughty.gif

I got a reply from the ACT Government when I asked ACTEW about the printing production processes (whats the bet its the same place wehre they get election ads done up).. eusa_silenced.gif
Ripley

PostPosted: 23 Feb 09 14:36

I had to laugh...right at the top of this thread was a sponsored ad from...you guessed it: AGL.
manfredh

PostPosted: 23 Feb 09 19:07

"I have contacted ACTEW about the over-use of advertisment that is simply to prop up failed Old Media printing presses which can be found in the mailed out bills that arrive every 3 months "

So companies shouldn't advertise now? icon_rolleyes.gif

I doubt Actew have any vested interest in printing brochures just for the sake of it.

"The Advertisment booklets contain staples"

Wow. Companies get criticised for printing booklets with staples now. I wonder if Today Tonight have any vacancies...
loocy

PostPosted: 24 Feb 09 20:55

It doesn't surprse me to hear AGL are still a PITA to deal with. I got rid of them about five years ago after a telephone consultant told me 'You should pay your bills on time" icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif when I rang up to get an extension on paying my bill. I did ask to speak to a supervisor, who surprisingly was in a meeting, to make a complaint.

Two days later another company came knocking on my door and I changed over on the spot. They are always helpful, and if I need to get an extension (the summer bill is always a horror), there are never any issues and there tele officers are always cheerful and pleasant to deal with.
UnhappyMum

PostPosted: 25 Feb 09 22:15

We too are having major probles with AGL. We didn't get our last bill at all, when it seems everyone else in our street did. Called them t ofind out why - apparently there was some kind of error in billing, and they would fix it,we would have our bill in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, no bill. Call them back, sorry,still an error with the bill,could be six weeks before we get it out to you. Oh,and by the way,your bill is overdue! How can we pay a bill we don't have. Went to pay the amount they said we owed - it was rejected, they had changed our customer reference without telling us. Apparently it was on the last bill we never recieved. We have had another reading since then,so three months total,and still NO BILL. Not happy at all. Our next port of call is contact an energy ombudsman - is there such a thing?
nigelc

PostPosted: 26 Feb 09 14:59

ON the back the AGL account it says "SIT BACK RELAX" :)
Well it happened again today.. Now it is the Gas account..
Gas account Other charges Late payment fee $8.80!!!!
Received the account with due date 15 Dec 2008.
Was Payed on 2/12/2008
Received a reminder on 30/12/2008
Rang AGL they said it was ok.
Now the new account has a late payment fee.
Today I talked to AGL. The Indian I talked to said I should pay my bills on time!! Have got EWON on Speed dial now.
The gas in now moved to Energy Australia.
Companies should be fined. If they can charge the users "late payment fee", they should be fined. As this has all cost me money.
mlleruby

PostPosted: 27 Feb 09 08:50

I am also having ongoing problems with AGL since I changed providers around July last year. Out of the blue I got a bill in December for $64 from a credit collection agency, along with a nasty letter. It was apparently for my final account which I'd never received - but I paid right away despite not actually having any real evidence it was due. Over 20 phone calls (some quite nasty from the credit agency who claimed no contact with AGL), emails and a contact with the electricity ombudsman has resulted in AGL admitting that they have put in a new billing system which is not allocating payments properly. Finally I received an email from AGL last week which said in part: "Once our payments team locate the actual payment you made, I'll refund the credit that I've just applied to you in recognition of the fact you've been extremely patient over this matter".

A temporary feeling of relief however as I have just received a letter from the credit agency and a follow up from their lawyers for a further $10. I believe it will take another 20 or so contacts before this is rectified and who knows what effect this could be having on my credit rating.

I am so OVER AGL and would not recommend them to anyone after this!!
UnhappyMum

PostPosted: 03 Mar 09 13:46

My complaint is now in the hands of the Qld Energy Ombudsman. 3 months, and still no paper bill from AGL. We have our new bill, but not the old one, which from speaking to AGL again today - still has not been generated. Depending on who we speak to, they all say different things. Some of our payments (verified with bank) are also not showing on our account. Also, our new bill has jumped by $150, all the AGL person could tell me was that we must have new applicances (we don't) or we need to get an electrician in, that their prices have not gone up at all eusa_liar.gif

I hope to hear back from the Ombudsman soon.
kate_w

PostPosted: 03 Mar 09 18:34

I also have put an issue with AGL into the hands of the Victorian Water and Energy Ombudsman - it was the only way to get to speak with anyone at AGL. Their 'customer advocacy' department called me the next day and a solution to my problem (which has been ongoing since December 2007) looked possible.

But ... the customer advocacy guy said he'd call me back two weeks ago ... icon_rolleyes.gif
alanm

PostPosted: 05 Mar 09 15:06

We too have an AGL stuffed up bill.
After two estimated accounts they finally read the meter. This value is actually less than our last estimated bill which is fully paid.
So being in usage credit of 112kwh ($19), I thought that we would either get no bill or a very small one of only service charge ($42) or less. I didn't really expect to get a refund for overcharged electricity as it will work its way out next bill, so only the $42 service charge was expected).

But, we got a bill for $51.
I rang AGL to get it corrected and the rep couldn't understand the problem. She kept babbling on about adjusted accounts, re-issued bills and credits etc and that the amount was right. She wouldn't even entertain the idea that the fictitious unnecessary adjusting of already paid accounts could have gone wrong and then refused to transfer me to anyone that could understand the problem. Let alone fix it.

Only in the AGL billing world is negative consumption charged for.
DiggTechnoratiFacebookDel.icio.usStumbleUponMy Space
Go to page: 1, 2, 3  [Next >>]
Jump to: