AGL: Constant problems with electricity Accounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beak292

PostPosted: 15 May 09 10:21
Post subject: AGL: Constant problems with electricity Accounts

OK the saga with AGL the "corporate Bullies" continues. Not only has the ombudsman been involved since about February, AGL continue to tell eusa_liar.gif eusa_liar.gif eusa_liar.gif

After waiting 2 months for an alleged "Electricity MEter Test", I contacted AGL to ask what is happening. AGL's response was to send me a letter saying the test is complete, nothing is shown as being wrong, matter is closed, please pay bill..

Hmmmmm

Long story short, many angry emails from me later with no proof of the work being completed, I get a phone call saying that we have a technican who wants to come on site.

AGL eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif

They are clearly telling porky pies, not just to me but to the Ombudsman !.
UnhappyMum

PostPosted: 11 May 09 19:56

We have since changed Energy suppliers.

We had payments 'not showing' according to their records also, even though we could prove them via Internet banking and Bpay (We have only been a customer of AGL since they took over Energex in Qld, so not that long really).

A big THANKYOU to the Ombudsman, who contacted us promptly, and got some action from AGL. We got a copy of the bill we hadn't recieved, and also a record of all payments made to AGL. We are in 'credit', but when talking to AGL, they disagree, and believe we will end up owing them money. Will see what happens, and will take it back to the Ombudsman if need be. AGL has lost many many customers.
yourOwnWords

PostPosted: 09 May 09 23:56

melsey14, yeh did you pay via BPAY - if so you may be paying into the old account number, remember about 2 years ago they changed account numbers, it was part of an upgrade or something.
They send everyone letters explaining it....
send them a copy of the bank statement showing the payments and the account number and the reference number, then they can track it down.
yourOwnWords

PostPosted: 09 May 09 23:53

Hey GoodFind, um, I dont know about the computer glitch part, since you have gone to the ombudsman you would have been in contact with their higher level problem solvers, ask them about the records. People dont seem to realise that the retailer essentially does the billing side for your distribution company, if you are in victoria this is more than likely Gemena, and they estimate your reads. I dont think they have to estimate based on anything, Im not sure though. But to them, they are letting you have unlimited access to a resource and you arent letting them see how much. So let them send a request to your retailer to get a reading - the reason there is a charge is becuase nothing in life is free, someone has gone to take a reading on the read date and couldnt get one, so they have to pay that person to go out again.
GoodFind

PostPosted: 28 Apr 09 04:53

I purchased my new home, paid my 1st 2 bills which were just fees & charges as my place was vacant. The 3rd bill arrived at an estimated $277. After many frustrating calls to AGL 'customer service', I called the ombudsman and requested somebody in authority to help me out. I did get a call and assurance that this will be resolved. It's been nearly 2 years now and I've only paid them 1 bill which I thought was somewhat reasonable but my other gripe is that no bills come with actual current/previous meter readings. How is the usage calculated then? Not to mention that I've been charged for extra meter readings at $25 a pop. Anyway I haven't moved in yet due to the death of my brother and the meter reading hasn't changed much either. I too am frightened of the repayments when it's finally sorted. I hope not to be charged for anything older than 9 months as melsy14 suggests. I'd also like to let people know that there was a computer glitch in 2007 and all the records were lost which is why we all got estimated readings.
melsy14

PostPosted: 22 Apr 09 12:02

Thanks Ignis. Since I posted last I have rang AGL and the ombudsman and they have mentioned that I cannot be charged for anything older the nine months.
The problem I have now is that AGL are claiming they have not billed me since March 08 and the last payment they have on record that I payed was 10/12/07. All of this is completely untrue.
I have just pulled reciepts off my net banking which I payed in August last year. AGL claim no payments were ever recieved.
ignis

PostPosted: 22 Apr 09 11:53

Melsy14 if you ring AGL and ask politely they will allow you to pay what you owe over a nine month period. I did this last year myself after recieving a nine month electricity bill. The people at AGL don't know much about whats going on with anything so explain in great detail and be patient and polite. Hope it works out.
melsy14

PostPosted: 22 Apr 09 08:50

I have been an AGL customer for my gas and electricity for 5 years now without any issues, until last night.
I recieved my electricity bill for $1252.89. The attached letter explained they had billing problems and had not billed me for more than 9 months.
Maybe that letter would of been handy 9 months ago to say there was going to be delays.
After speaking to AGL I was informed that I hadn't actually been billed for my electricity for over 12months. icon_mad.gif
Can anyone tell me where I stand and where I can go from here. I don't understand how a company cannot bill a customer for over 12 months and expect them to pay a ridiculous amount of money outstanding. I simply cannot afford this as I budget monthly.
Hermit09

PostPosted: 19 Mar 09 11:47

Definitely contact the ombusdman. I sent an email and the follow-up was A1.
Leash2983

PostPosted: 17 Mar 09 21:45

I have been waiting 11 months for a bill from AGL.

At least a dozen phonecalls and empty promises of bill arriving within the next, 2 or 3 weeks and still nothing.

The last phonecall I made in December I was advised that they are unable to charge for anything over 9 months. Its ludicrous - how can they justify the inconvenience month after month.

I have contemplated contacting the Ombudsman as I can only imagine the size of the bill when (if!) it actually ever arrives.

Any suggestions for my next course of action?
beak292

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 17:04

Good point below regarding getting hard copies. I refuse to speak to an AGL rep - especially the ones that call after the Ombudsman escalation - they are eusa_liar.gif

I have asked any contact must be in writting from here on and via the Ombudsman... Whats the chance of a group action with these clowns ? would like to hear more from people who get bogus readings and creative assistance...

eusa_clap.gif AGL

anywho time to stop spending money and change providers, thank goodness for competition.
Hermit09

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 15:45

The senior person from AGL rang the next day after a call from the ombudsman and left a message on my answering machine. He said he has waived the $150 'cash deposit request' charges on my gas and electricity accounts. Time will tell.
computerflyer

PostPosted: 16 Mar 09 05:19

I hope you have all of this in writing (hardcopy or email). CSO's have been known to forget to put notes in computers, and the computers sometimes have a habit of not storing inconvenient information.
bazzle

PostPosted: 15 Mar 09 15:36

I signed up with Agl in September/Oct 08. Expecting a bill i called up on the 27/01/09 and was advised there was a computer error and i wasn't yet registered in their system properly. Despite having my home and mobile numbers they didn't contact me about the error.

A further two weeks later with no correspondence from AGL i called again and was advised im in the system however they are having billing issues. About a week later some information was received from AGL but no bill.

Its now the 15/03/09 and no bill has been received. The last time i spoke to AGL they said due to the delay i shouldn't have a problem extending the payment due date. They also had no idea when the first bill would be received.

Its only been 6 months, waiting for my bill with patience :)
Hermit09

PostPosted: 11 Mar 09 18:17

I have also contacted the Victorian Water and Energy ombudsman and received a prompt reply today. They are going to contact a senior person from AGL who is to ring me within 24 hours. If I am not satisfied with their response, I am to ring the ombudsman again. I should have read NGE before I signed up.
DiggTechnoratiFacebookDel.icio.usStumbleUponMy Space
Go to page: 1, 2, 3  [Next >>]
Jump to: