Cadbury: Cadbury chocolate bars reduce in size, not in price
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grado

PostPosted: 23 Jan 11 22:19
Post subject: Cadbury: Cadbury chocolate bars reduce in size, not in price

Woolworths and Nestle are scamming all their Uncle Tobys Plus cereal consumers. The special Value packs only sold at Woolworths cost $6.99 normally but the weight over the last few months has gone from 880g to 825g and finally to 810g but the box looks exactly the same bar the weight figure. I know this is fairly typical but still seems very dishonest. I will check with Coles and expect similar.
Vogelaus

PostPosted: 25 Jun 09 15:40

The latest little gem is from Mars with their Dine cat food. Over the last 4 or 5 months it has gone fron 89c for 85gms to $1.05 for the "new" reduced size of 80gms. We have now stopped buying Dine pet food for our cats and now buy human canned food which is less than 25% of the price of Dine. As an example, generic branded tuna for human consuption is $1.89 for 425gms. How can this be?

All of this is adding to our environmental problems with the resulting increase in packaging that smaller quantities require. eusa_naughty.gif

Another observation in this trend:
It seems that some suppliers remove all of their larger product sizes from supermarket shelves when they introduce their smaller sizes. The larger stock then ends up in small discount stores. eg Cadbury 250 gms chocolate and Dine cat food 85gms are two recent examples.
simon the consumer

PostPosted: 20 Jun 09 23:12

check arnotts biscuits, the thickness and colby cheese its now thinner this is BS
manfredh

PostPosted: 17 Jun 09 20:07

Haven't seen paper size decrease, but the number of sheets has for many years. Now they're getting close to starting the cycle again as they start to introduce "Double-length" roles.

As for the chocolate, M&Ms, plus the rest of the Mars group have also reduced the packet sizes in their range by 20%. e.g. 250g packet is now 200g.
Julia Goolia

PostPosted: 17 Jun 09 15:10

Is it just me or has toilet paper size shrunk also, Where does it end, hopefully on the paper.
wendiliz

PostPosted: 17 Jun 09 13:39

this is common however the sooner companies catch on that this practice is not acceptable, the better. I wrote to Cadbury to let them know I was not happy but of course no reply.
buffyblue

PostPosted: 17 Jun 09 13:33

Cadburys has been using unsustainably farmed palm oil for at least 5 years in the chocolate production, its not a new thing. Its a good thing to complain about, just not for the reasons you stated.
delilah

PostPosted: 17 Jun 09 12:28

Cadbury's arrogance towards their customer is astonishing. They obviously think that we consumers are absolute idiots.

I could have forgiven a change in size, but Cadbury's have decreased the quality of their product by using palm oil. What Cadbury's are offering is a low quality compound chocolate.

Most galling? A complaint to Cadbury's about the introduction of palm oil received this reply:

"The change in chocolate square shape may provide some consumers with a different taste to the one they are used to because the new wider chocolate squares provide a more even distribution of chocolate taste throughout the mouth."

The change in SHAPE resulted in a different flavour??? How could anyone peddle out that tripe?? Not good enough Cadbury's! Boycott!
PeterK2748

PostPosted: 15 Jun 09 10:53

We just came back from a holiday from Tasmania, where we went to the Cadbury Factory in Hobart. This very same topic came up, during the presentation. Our guide assured us that Cadbury were selling the blocks in the smaller environmental packs to the supermarkets cheaper then the bigger blocks they were selling before. We were told emphatically that if the price did remain the same or increased it was on behalf of the wholesalers and the supermarkets dragging extra profit out.. Sort of like the farmer that gets paid $2 a kilo for a cow but then ends up at $18 a kilo in the shops. Who is making the money?So i would be blaming the Supermarkets then looking at the whole wholesale system.
scoota58

PostPosted: 13 Jun 09 14:36

Have a good look at the shelves etc in the shops and you will see it's not only chocolate and burgers that are getting small but retaining the same price. Just about everything is being reduced. Autralians really do seem to let things go by and not say anything. So people lets get loud and let them know we don't like what they are doing to us
Thing

PostPosted: 13 Jun 09 07:22

Interesting story on news com au today...

"CALL it the Not So Big Mac. The Daily Telegraph can today reveal the Australian version of the McDonald's signature product is actually more than 20 per cent smaller than its namesake in other nations."

Perhaps companies see Australians as apathetic to this behaviour and see an easy cost saving to their bottom line by simply decreasing their product eusa_think.gif icon_evil.gif
yobro

PostPosted: 13 Jun 09 00:36

I used to grab a block of chocolate for something to nibble while watching the football at the weekend. Recently noticed the blocks were smaller. I would need 2 of these instead of one. Same price - twice the cost. I was not prepared to cop that, so bought a half dozen mandarines instead. Surprise, surprise, nothing but praise from the family. Thank you Mr. Cadbury - you have finally weaned this family off chocolate and caused us to eat more healthy into the bargain.
simman

PostPosted: 12 Jun 09 21:24

What an absolute crock. This has nothing to do with consumer perceptions and everything to do with ripping off the consumer by corporations. I don't need a degree in didly to know when I'm being shafted as a consumer and find it completely insulting. I'll avoid any company products that wish to be so arrogant. Only with sheer numbers can consumers beat these mongrels at this game.
perryg

PostPosted: 12 Jun 09 09:15

"Slipping it under the consumer's radar" is a euphemism for subterfuge. It is deceitful and reflects badly on a company that once had a wholesome image.
mikhol

PostPosted: 12 Jun 09 08:42

In regards to the smaller size Mars Bar...I heard on the radio that the Mars company made the chocolate smaller as their contribution in helping to battle the obesity problem in Australia...how very thoughtful of them!!!
DiggTechnoratiFacebookDel.icio.usStumbleUponMy Space
Go to page: 1, 2, 3  [Next >>]
Jump to: