How likely are you to refer?
Rating: 2.0/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snapper75

PostPosted: 29 Dec 10 14:03
Post subject: WOOLWORTHS BAD SERVICE
Organisation name: Woolworths Head Office
Issue type: Complaint

I am currently having a bad experience with Woolworths as well, except this is more to do with their complaints dept. I park at a Shopping Centre Bus Stop at Victoria Point, Redland Bay and travel into Brisbane city each day for work. We have very limited car parks for the 'commuters', but because this is near the Woolworth back entrance, I have often caught Staff parking in the commuter car parks and going into Woolworths.
On this occasion, this guy gets out of this old beat up Ute puffing on cigarette with about 2 buttons on his Woolworths shirt done up and stared heading into the back of the shop. I said "Excuse me, this is a commuter car park, you can't park there", to which he responded, without even looking back, "whataya going to do about it".
So I wrote to Centre Management AND Woolworths, and never received a response, even though I could identify the car and everything, I still see it parked there sometimes.
Last week, I arrived at the bus stop and this time I saw THREE people in Woolworths uniforms park in the commuter car parks and walk into the back of Woolworths.
Again I wrote to Centre Management and Woolworths and this time I received an email back from CM telling me that Woolworths have told them that those people in Woolworths uniforms don't work at that Woolworths, they work elsewhere and catch a bus.
Strange that they have to go into the back of the store to get a bus?
Moreover, Woolworths themselves have ONCE AGAIN ignored my feedback. Why do they have a feedback section on their website if they simply ignore it anyway.
I think you may be right - Woolworths train their staff to be rude and they don't care about their image. Its not just loacalised stores, but obviously the company in general given they don't even bother replying to feedback.
jessej

PostPosted: 05 Mar 10 05:26
Organisation name: Woolworths
Issue type: Comment

The young woman who uttered the 'downturn in sales' was a Woolworths employee.

Staff training was not the issue. It was attitude, lying and their couldnt care less approach in treating customers with contempt.
feedyourfeet

PostPosted: 01 Mar 10 16:08
Organisation name: n/a

jessej,

You said "young woman said “because of the carpark extensions at the front of the store there has been a downturn in sales and we are not opening any of the other (8) checkouts”. This was clearly untrue because they have a huge carpark area to the side and back."

How do you know what there amount of sales were?

You said “What about the staff chatting in the aisles”? Fred asked."

Not all staff are trained in register use.
bhavnag

PostPosted: 18 Feb 10 15:51
Organisation name: BigW Australia
Issue type: Complaint

I complained to Fair Trading.

They did nothing. BigW refused to replace the iron or refund the excess charge they made on the bill.

Fair Trading told me to go to Consumer Trader and Tenancy Tribunal and get the complaint sorted out there.

But that costs $34 or so. So I loose more money because there is a CORRUPT retailer that has cheated me.

I can also complain to ACCC.

Is there a lawyer who can help me get the comlaint sorted out and charge BigW and Woolworths for the legal costs ?

They make so much money and on top of that treat the customer so badly.
ho_k

PostPosted: 09 Feb 10 12:29
Organisation name: Not Applicable

Here's one for Woolworths Burwood Westfield (NSW).

Went to shop at about 8.40pm at night with about $155 worth of groceries. Came to checkout and not one service checkout is open except for self-service. I had to go and find one of the staff inside the cigarette area to serve me.

Because I was served in the cigarette counter around the front of the store, it was not equipped with bags. I had to do their job, go to the next checkout getting plastic bags and bag my own groceries.

When I made a complaint to the head office, their response was "Upon investigation with the staff which were rostered on that day, the staff member who was responsible for the customer service counter together with smoke shop left his post as he need to use the amenities hence the register was unmanned for a brief period of time."

I don't think it address the problem at all. For now, Coles seems to be a lot more better in customer service.
bhavnag

PostPosted: 05 Feb 10 17:08
Organisation name: Not Applicable

I want to advise customers that many retailers are cheating us in the downturn. There were 3-4 errors in a Woolworths bill recently and the same in an Aldi bill. They refunded me, on complaint, because I picked up the error immediately.

Yesterday, when I went into BigW Chullora, Sydney, there wasn't a single customer in the store. They refused to refund me because I picked up the error after 5 months.

I was charged $76.48 for a Ultura 5650 Iron and received a $7 Abode ETA-17A2 iron. I complained many times that the iron was not good. They again gave me a replacement of a $7 Abode ETA-17A2 iron. I found the bill 2 days ago and realised that we were given the wrong iron on a bill of $76.48.

Beware. Check all your bills or they will cheat you.
jessej

PostPosted: 23 Jan 10 10:24
Organisation name: WOOLWORTHS SA

My retired friend Fred is convinced WOOLWORTHS SA train their staff to be rude, un-cooperative and tell blatant lies to customers. Here's proof--

Bad experience #1 was at the recently upgraded MORPHETT VALE store where they installed six self-serve checkouts. Early one weekday morning after completing his shopping, he approached the ‘service’ desk because no staffed checkouts were open. A young woman said “because of the carpark extensions at the front of the store there has been a downturn in sales and we are not opening any of the other (8) checkouts”. This was clearly untrue because they have a huge carpark area to the side and back. What happens now he asked? “Use the self serve" she gestured as she went back chatting to her workmates.

Fred said he didn’t know how to and didn’t want to. She offered to put his items through and because of the tiny counter space, sat the full bags on the floor then walked back to the ‘service’ desk. Fred loaded the bags into the trolley and asked what happens now? “You pay for it” was the stinging reply. Fred said he didn’t know how to and after a deep sigh and shoulder shrug she finalized the purchased, and went back to her conversation.

Fred was furious. Returning home, he emailed a complaint to Head Office. A few days later, the SA Area Manager phoned him (despite Fred requesting the reply be in writing) and said the girl would be counseled about her attitude and telling untruths, but stopped short of an apology, saying if asked they must open a checkout and he promised to take up the issue with the store Manager.

Fast forward 3 weeks – Experience #2 the same refusal to open a checkout and he was ordered through the small 15 items or less checkout with a near full trolley, juggling items and bags on the small counter, thankfully not dropping anything. Another email to Head Office same Area Manager phoned with the same hollow promises. Enough Fred said, he would shop elsewhere, they didn’t seem to care.

Experience #3 much later. Trying another WOOLWORTHS at REYNELLA – again the same refusal with the excuse of “there’s only 2 of us here”. “What about the staff chatting in the aisles”? Fred asked. This was met with a shoulder shrug. Passing over his green bags, she dropped them on the floor, picking them up when needed. Fred left the store again furious and discovered he had not been given his unused green bags. Limping back to the ‘service’ desk, he asked for his bags. “Sorry” she said, “they fell down behind the cash register”. Fred shook his head in amazement how bags fell from the floor to the back of the cash register. Yet another LIE?

Fred is going to try the new FOODWORKS when they open in early Feb, because he thinks the staff surely couldn’t be as hopeless, poorly trained, arrogant and liars as those at WOOLWORTHS.

Is management asleep at the wheel or do simply they not care?
DiggTechnoratiFacebookDel.icio.usStumbleUponMy Space
Jump to: