Cool or Cosy: Thats the way it is supposed to work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rust_red2000

PostPosted: 21 Jun 10 06:57
Post subject: Cool or Cosy: Thats the way it is supposed to work

Thanks all for your replys. At the moment, we are using heat mode. Once again, all the units, go to blowing cold air while NOT in defrost mode. We all have buckets under our outlet hose to catch the discharged water, we use the water on our gardens-that is how much water is put out. This situation has been going on for 18 months now and obviously isnt going to change and the "Warranty" is not worth the piece of paper it is written on. None of us will deal with Cool or Cozy again nor will we give anyone else advice to trade with them.
computerflyer

PostPosted: 19 Apr 10 19:33

> My opinion of them is so libellous

libellous: (from Cambridge on-line) a piece of writing which contains bad and false things about a person

icon_rolleyes.gif

Want to change your description?
shalimar

PostPosted: 19 Apr 10 16:17

I have dealt unfinished I might add with cool or cosy, and My opinion of them is so libellous it is hard to mention fully.
I met one of cool or cosy's sales rep/ estimators at my property, for insulating the house under the government scheme.

At the time three quotes were necessary under the scheme, a fact not mentioned by the salesman, he also misrepresented my out of pocket expenses saying I would only ever pay the difference, not true, it is expected that the customer seek rebate from the government.
When I received the whole bill I rang them and complained and was offered to pay only what I was told to pay initially and they would send me a receipt for the whole amount and that I would pay them the difference, when I received the government rebate.

This sounded like a fair situation, but thinking about it more I realised they were requesting that I fradulently obtain money from the federal government to pass on to them.

They as of this moment deny that activity, but who out there was made a similar offer?

I am sure others were asked to do this considering the situation, and I want to hear from you.

This company is listed on the stock exchange so over and above all other illegalities they also have a legal obligation not to engage in behaviour that can cause liabilities like this.

I also was expected to pay a deposit for work to star, never got around to paying the deposit but the work was carried out and the tentative booking became a real booking in what could only be seen as a grab for federal money.

Please tell me your experiences
computerflyer

PostPosted: 27 Feb 10 07:55

If you are in a high humidity area the unit will indeed dump LOTS of water as the chilling coils dehumidify air, and that is routed outside through a drain tube.

Smoke would be worrisome as there should be none, but new units could indeed burn off residual industrial coatings for the first few days or even weeks of operation, especially in heat mode.

If you don't have minimally warm-ish air starting within about 15 seconds it doesn't sound right, but consider the heating bits would overheat without air to cool, and the cooling bits would freeze without moving air to warm them, so the designs often start the fans when the heat/cool unit is first cut on, and neither is instantaneous.
Shellee

PostPosted: 26 Feb 10 21:54

That is shocking state of affairs! I agree, you need a second opinion from an independent air con expert who should describe the faults in writing. Then you should provide Cool and Cosy with a copy of the report and tell them that you will take legal action if they don't fix the problems. Otherwise you can get the air con fixed or replaced by another and claim a refund for all costs form Cool and Cosy. If you want the air con to work properly and these people you dealt with keep avoiding to fix it, it may be the only way to go. Then of course you will need to see a lawyer but all legal costs will be recovered from Cool or Cosy, if they let it go that far that is. They may capitulate when they see legal action and exorbitant costs on the horizon.
goss1175

PostPosted: 24 Feb 10 14:04

Get a 2nd opinion. Get an independent& qualified serviceman to come out to check the units to see if there is anything wrong. Get them to put the faults in writing then present this to Cool or Cosy.It might cost you a couple of hundred dollars but compared to the $10,000 you spent to get them this would be peanuts, just to get a 2nd opinion & peace of mind.
geertje

PostPosted: 22 Feb 10 18:01

We used Cool & Cosy for insulation years ago and they offered an unlimited 'top up'. Like, if you have work done in the ceiling they come and check it. If you need some extra insulation, they will top it up. We have used this service twice and found them very willing to honour their warranty.I have often recommended them for insulation.

I am not sure about the air-con side of things. I guess that this is not their area of expertise and I personally would not have used them for this.
NGE

PostPosted: 21 Feb 10 02:42

Myself and 3 others in a small unit complex paid this company to install reverse cycle wall mounted air conditioners 12 months ago, supposedly with a 5 year warranty. Not a bad sale for one day, abour $10,000! All units have experienced various problems from day one. On heat mode, they begin to blow COLD air, on cold mode, spits water out at you, clouds of grey/black smoke rise from the outside unit. All units discharge so much water from the outisde unit, it could almost fill a childs swimming pool every couple of hours. The companys attitude? That is how its supposed to work!!! Complaints were raised just about day one, they send servicemen out and all we get is "thats the way it is supposed to work". Has anyone else had problems with this company.

NGE Member: rust_red2000
DiggTechnoratiFacebookDel.icio.usStumbleUponMy Space
Jump to: